Friday, March 14, 2008

Wily Mo On the Lo Fo Fo

Nationals Outfielder Wily "Mo Damage" Pena is predicted to miss four weeks after suffering "suffering a significant tear" of his left oblique muscle and start will likely start the 2008 season on the DL. Wily Mo strained his oblique while taking batting practice. Ouch. I guess Wily Mo's damage inflicting campaign isn't limited to non-Wily objects.

Wily told Nationals.com, "When I hit the last [ball], I had to put the bat down and cry. It was [hurting]."

I don't exactly understand why he needed so many [bracketed words], I guess he damages English in some fashion like he does everything else. Either that or "Mo Damage" curses a lot while talking about being injured.

I can't help but wonder what it looks like to see Wily Mo cry. He seems like the type of gentleman who has cried few enough times in his life to count on a single hand. If Wily Mo in his current form actually shed tears the world might stop spinning.

No comments: